This event is for everyone, both for those who want to show off their cool BMW bikes and everyone else who wants to help judge them. That’s why it is called the “People’s Choice!” This event is not the same as the Vintage Bike show and technical judging, which is also done during the same time period. Our bike classes have been selected to be interesting—some stock and some weird. (video of winning bikes coming soon!)
- Air Heads (non-vintage) - winners: Bob Denk, Eric Edstrom, Bob Denk (not a typo, he got 1st and 3rd)
- Oil Heads - winners: Charles Simpson, Ross Dirks, Joe Metcalfe.
- Hex Heads/CAM Heads/Wet Heads - winners: Thelma Traneman, Graig Wellen, Lee Fillian
- K flying bricks - winners: Bob Denk, Bob Alexander, Bill Doll
- K everything else (Wedge, transverse, straight 6) - winner: Dan Jewell
- F singles and 2-cyl - winners: Kristen Caravello, Jerry Glasow, Marty Graves
- S1000 and Other BMW Bikes - winner: Charles Buchanan
- Most Farkled—we’ll count them (does not include tank bag or panniers) - winners: none!
- Mud & Bugs & Deviant—most mess covering the bike as well as most custom bike setup that varies from stock. Winners - Bob Doll, Dan Myers, James DeBower
- BMW Sidecar rigs - winners: Bill Brown (1st and 2nd), John Young
- Best in Show - Kristen Caravello
Popular vote winners for each class will receive first, second and third place award ribbons. One overall Best-in-Show award will be provided for the most popular bike. Photos will be taken of all the bikes and posted on the Rally website.
Bikes will be lined up according to their classes no later than 9 AM on Saturday morning. All rally attendees are invited to come by to review the bikes and vote for best-in-class between 9 AM and 12:30 PM. Votes will then be tallied and awards given out between 2:00 and 2:30 PM. Look for the event location on your Rally Book Map. See you there!
In the 2022 People's Choice Bike Show, over 200 voters chose from among 38 bikes across all classes except Most Farkled, the only category to receive zero votes for the three bikes entered. Charles Buchanan's S 1000 XR received the most individual by-category votes (137), followed by Dan Jewell's K bike (108), but it was Kristen Caravello's stunning custom-colored F 900 XR which took home Best in Show after the 1,436 total votes were cast.